Join Team Tower
At Tower Insurance Associates, Inc., we are dedicated to making our clients' insurance experience as pleasant as possible. Customer Care is our priority! If you share our passion for helping others, Tower Insurance could be a great place to put your experience and talents to use. Click on an opening below to see if you can envision yourself on our team of passionate leaders. Submit your form below and someone from our agency will get back to you as soon as possible. We look forward to meeting you!
Customer Service Representative for Personal Insurance
Employment Type: Full time
You are ready, willing, and able to help others become more effective and successful. You believe that your individual success is tied to the results of the team. You are an empathic individual with a high degree of sincerity. You tend to follow through on projects, always doing your homework prior to a meeting or event. You tend to be very service-oriented. You have excellent listening skills and are perceived as a person with an active interest in the opinions of others. Your style is natural and genuine. You persuade others by offering empathy, understanding and friendship. You are able to handle both the human side and the task side of the job. You are comfortable with talking to people on the phone and using a computer all day, so you are computer literate. Like to work with numbers and learn new things. You desire to be part of a team and want to be part of the solution and not the problem. If this sounds like you, please read on.
We are a team of people helping people. Our independent insurance business is based on the relationships we build within our Team, our clients, potential clients, our community and the companies we work with. As an independent insurance agency, we work for our clients, not one insurance company.
Our hours are Monday thru Friday 8:30 – 5:00 and we will provide training. You may be asked to work occasionally during an evening or Saturday to support local and community events.
- Establish working relationships with clients, potential clients and companies we represent on the phone, email and on paper.
- Manage all types of service requests, upcoming renewals and pending cancellations.
- New business processing that includes working with underwriting.
- Assist in new business quoting / data entry / cross sales.
- Support teammates with follow up for clients and prospects.
- Research and resolve coverage questions.
- Check reports daily for renewals, lapses, etc.
- Promptly respond to client needs either on the phone or electronically.
- Maintain client files and process routine correspondence between our agency and the client or company… both paper records and on our many different software programs.
- Assist with other office duties as they arise and are needed
Professional and Personal Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and a calculator
- Type quickly and accurately
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Organized, structured, punctual and will follow the rules
- Patient, respectful, reliable, trustworthy, friendly, supportive, articulate, kind, ethical and honest
Wages and Compensation:
We offer competitive wages between $15 - $25 depending on experience and if you already have a license, bonuses for performance and other benefits are available as well.
No previous insurance experience is required. We will train and educate the successful candidate. However, having previous experience working within the insurance industry and having your license is a bonus.